Keep the kitchen running smoothly with plenty of storage and space for appliances. Vermont kitchen painted in Ivory, John Lewis
1. A cooker with two ovens is a real asset. Multifunction models with heating elements at the top and bottom, plus a fan and grill offer flexibility when catering for large numbers.
2. If you’re often entertaining a crowd, consider investing in a wine cabinet. Most have separate areas for storing red and white, but if space is tight, choose a single temperature, slimline model.
3. The latest multi-cookers combine a slow cooker, rice cooker, and steamer in one. They can roast meat as well as make stew and curry.
4. If you’re a frequent baker, a stand mixer makes mixing large batches of cookies easy. Look for a splatter guard lid that fits over the bowl and a flexible beater with a silicone edge.
5. Food processors make light work of chopping, whisking, and even making pastry for freezing to help you get ahead.