Range Hood FAQ - Perimeter Suction System
What is the "Perimeter Suction System"?
The Perimeter Suction System is an evolution in kitchen range hood filter design. Air is drawn into the range hood through "collector slots" around the central deflector panel, creating an "air curtain" effect. By shaping the airflow, a perimeter suction hood offers improved overall performance, as well as increased suction at the sides of the unit, compared to traditional mesh filters, where most of the suction is concentrated in the center and drops off rapidly toward the sides.
What are the advantages of this system?
- Improved suction performance, especially at the edges.
- Appearance - by concealing the grease-collecting filter behind the deflector panel, a sleeker and more modern look is achieved.
- Easy cleaning - the deflector panel is smooth and easy to clean.
- Sound reduction - the inside of the deflector panel is lined with a special material that absorbs the blower noise. This makes range hoods outfitted with the Perimeter Suction System approximately 20% quieter.
- (Additional noise reduction can be achieved by using the optional accessories "Silent System" and "Remote Blower Kit".)
Which models are equipped with this system?
There are over 110 models of Futuro Futuro range hoods that feature this innovation, including island-mount and wall-mount models. Check out the links below to see the entire selection.